Public Works & Engineering
The Public Works office and yard are located at 8 Inkaneep Road, in Elkford’s Industrial Park.
Overseen by the Director of Engineering and Public Works, the Public Works Department consists of a team of skilled operators, labourers, a mechanic and a clerk. The team is committed to maintaining effective and efficient services and infrastructure, including roads and traffic, water and wastewater utilities, street lighting, solid waste collection, equipment and fleet management, dust control, snow removal and major capital works projects.
The Public Works fleet includes loaders, plough trucks, pickups, street sweepers, bucket trucks, gravel trucks and automated garbage packers and a vac truck, backhoe, snowblower and grader.
Hours of Operation
- Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (excluding statutory holidays)
Winter Maintenance Hours (November to March)
- Monday to Friday: 5 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 5 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Public Works After-Hours On-Call Emergency Numbers
- Monday to Thursday: 250.910.4025 or 250.910.4027
- Friday to Sunday (and statutory holidays): 250.910.4026, 250.910.4027 or 250.910.4025
If you have an issue related to animal control, contact Bylaw Enforcement at 250.910.4024. If you have an issue related to wildlife, contact the RAPP Hotline at 1.877.952.7277.
Contact us at 250.865.4025 or email@example.com.