Community & Facility Services
The Community & Facility Services Department provides recreational amenities, facilities and programming and community events in Elkford, as well as maintains its parks, greenspaces and playgrounds. Some of the community programming offered includes gymnastics, karate, summer programs, tumble tots, summer fun, knitting, yoga, bootcamp, snowshoeing, running classes, craft nights and PAL licensing.
In addition, this department also works closely with many non-profit and community groups to organize and host their events. Community & Facility Services also organizes and puts on annual events such as Wildcat Days, Winter in the Wild and the Remembrance Day ceremony.
Community & Facility Services oversees:
- The Aquatic Centre facility
- The Recreation Centre facility (arena and curling rink)
- The Community Conference Centre facility (meeting rooms, conference hall with commercial kitchens, Visitor Centre and a playschool space)
- A soccer field
- A tennis court
- Several baseball diamonds
- A playschool space (within the Community Conference Centre)
- Trail systems within district boundaries
- Community parks and greenspaces
- The community toboggan hill (located in the soccer field, next to the District Office)
- Mountview Cemetery maintenance
Bookings and Rentals
*** Note that during COVID-19, facility bookings and room rentals may be impacted by provincial health orders and restrictions related to gatherings. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
For more information about booking, rentals and programming, contact us at 250.865.4010 or email@example.com.
Report Vandalism or Misuse of Community Spaces
The community of Elkford takes pride in being a safe, clean and inviting place for all to live. Please report any misuse or vandalism of Elkford’s community properties, parks and greenspaces by contacting the District Office at 250.865.4000.