Community Conference Centre
Elkford’s Community Conference Centre is a multipurpose community gathering space that was specially constructed in 2012 to maximize energy efficiency and reduce the environmental footprint of the facility. The award-winning construction, and innovative design features of this building, made it the very first commercial application to combine cross-laminated timbers (CLT) wall panels and structural insulated panels in North America.
The Community Conference Centre plays host to many special events, from community gatherings to business meetings, to weddings and funeral receptions, to company Christmas parties.
The 1,800-square-metre building features:
- A visitor centre with a gift shop
- A playschool, designed with its own bathrooms and independent access
- A commercial kitchen
- A banquet hall with a bar area and a stage for the performing arts
- Several multipurpose meeting rooms
- Local art and history displays
- A central area with seating and a large fireplace that is open to all visitors during operating hours
In addition, this single-storey facility is fully wheelchair accessible and offers public washrooms, Wi-Fi access, drinking fountains, plenty of parking and electric vehicle charging stations.
Bookings and Rentals
Looking for a beautiful space to host your event, meeting or party?
To book—or for more information about hours, rates and facility rentals—contact us at 250.865.4010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.