In preparation for the legalization of recreational cannabis in Canada, the District has been working to develop a regulatory framework for cannabis sales, use and consumption in Elkford in a way that respects the unique needs and values of our community.
Many of the decisions surrounding cannabis legalization will be made by the Provincial and Federal governments. In addition, further localized regulations will be set by local governments. The District’s goal is to have local regulations set prior to the federal legalization date for cannabis. The new regulatory framework requires amendments to existing District of Elkford Bylaws: Zoning Bylaw, Business Licence and Regulation Bylaw and Smoking Control Bylaw.
• Draft District of Elkford Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 808, 2018
• Draft District of Elkford Business Licence Amendment Bylaw No. 811, 2018
• Draft District of Elkford Smoking Regulation Bylaw No. 814, 2018
Want more information?
• Government of Canada Cannabis Webpage
• Government of British Columbia Cannabis Webpage
• Continue to check back here for updates and additional information
• The District of Elkford is hosting a Cannabis Regulations Open House